Over View of the GIZ PRUDEV PROGRAMME
Background to the GIZ Promoting Rural Development (PRUDEV) Programme
- Objective: Strengthening climate smart agriculture based Local economic development in selected districts of N. Uganda.
- Programme duration: July 2017 to September 2023
- Funders: The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (including EU Co-financing which has ended 31.04.2023)
- Operational Area:
- Acholi sub region: Gulu, Kitgum, Pader and Agago
- Lango sub region: Lira, Oyam, Dokolo, Amolatar and Otuke
- Karamoja sub region: Napak
- Strengthening capacity of stakeholders (public sector, private sector and civil society) in agriculture based local economic development.
- Improvement market integration for small holder farmers
- Improving access to demand oriented financial services
- Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Green House Gas emissions.
- Improvement in water resource management and water for production
Knowledge and learning materials produced
Several different knowledge and learning products were developed to support the Ministry of Local Government’s efforts on communication and visibility of the work in Rural Development in N. Uganda Here attached