Local Economic Development
LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT- LED
- Support to LGs through training to incorporate LED activities into Local Government Planning and Budgeting.
- Support to development of new Industrial/Business parks to promote skilling of women and youth aimed at promotion of employment and wealth creation.
- Stimulate production with a view of expanding revenue generated by LGS
- Cause a paradigm shift within LGs i.e. change from consumptive nature into business orientation and investment
- Promotion of Private Public Partnerships
- Support to the development of infrastructure i.e. roads, electricity energy, communication to boost local production and market accessibility
- Supporting intra-private sector dialogues, cooperation and networks to encourage experience sharing
- Facilitating private investments through linkages with MDAs and other regulatory authorities